water cooled laser question

Tom Mc Closkey thomasm at nshs.edu
Wed Oct 27 16:03:15 EST 1999

	The display for the Coherent 305 on our Elite now says LT- when in
light regulation mode [as opposed to LT which it always read up till
recently].  The manual talks about reduced bandwidth operationa dn a
possible error in automatic gain calibration as related to this minus
sign.  The person I spoke with at Coherent couldn;t explain to me why it
now says LT- and said it shouldn';t affect operation.Can anyone shed
some light on what this LT- means and whether on not it couuld affect my
results?

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas W. Mc Closkey, Ph. D., Director of Flow Cytometry
North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine
Boas Marks Biomedical Research Center, 350 Community Drive
Manhasset, Long Island, New York 11030
ph:  516-562-4844 [office], 516-562-1135/4641 [lab]  fax:  516-562-2866