CD138 source?

jsegal@adarc.org jsegal at adarc.org
Wed Nov 11 16:35:21 EST 1998

Hi,

Someone in our lab is looking for an antibody against CD138.  Does anyone
out there have any experience using it or know where I could find it?  I've
looked through our catalogs and didn't come up with much...

Also, this person, let's call him "Jim", claims that CD138 is a good marker
for plasma cells.  Is he correct?  I was under the impression that there
was no really excellent way to distinguish plasma cells.  If any plasma
cell experts could give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Segal
Flow Cytometry Laboratory
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center