Mitochondrial Membrane Change - Apoptosis

Marit Oeksne Elverhoei m.o.elverhoi at ioks.uio.no
Wed Nov 11 06:11:45 EST 1998

For some time we have been using DiOC6 (3) in order to study dexamethasone
- induced changes in mitochondrial membrans in monocytes. We do experience
great variations in control cells (that have not been treated with Dex) and
having read the paper of Salvioli e. a. (FEBS Letters 411, (1997) 77 - 92),
who recommends that one should use Jc - 1, we should like to know if anyone
has experience with this reagent to invetigate membrane pertubartions?

Thanks!

Peter Kierulf, MD PhD. Professor I
Clinical Chemistry Dep.
Ulleval Univeristy Hospital
N-0407 Oslo, Norway
E-mail: peter.kierulf at ioks.uio.no
Mobil telephone: 92 28 51 11
Telephone / Telefax: 47 22 11 94 86 / 47 22 11 81 89