primary neurons in culture

Rochelle A. Diamond diamond at cco.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 24 17:57:04 EST 1998

Hi Flowers-
I need some advice from anyone who has tried to look at primary cultured
neurons by flow.  I can't seem to see past the debris  of broken processes
which do not seem to pick up PI because of course the processes to not
have nuclei.  I am also guessing that by breaking the processes then the
neurons might be leaky and hence pick up PI?  Anyway, we are trying to
analyze the cells for GFP expression, but all I seem to have is a smear of
debris in all kinds of sizes.  Anybody else with experience with these
kind of cell cultures?

Thanks so much in advance.
Rochelle Diamond
Caltech Flow Cytometry/Cell Sorting Facility
diamond at cco.caltech.edu