sort viability

Mark A. KuKuruga kukuru at umich.edu
Sun Aug 30 12:03:27 EST 1998

Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron wrote:

>           Hi James
>
>         . . . You might also want to look at the possibility of sheath that
>           flows back into your sample or potentially bleach from the
>           disinfection run if performed before the sort . . .

This may be more of a problem than most think, especially considering those who
still have in-line sheath filters.  I removed the filters from my Elite systems
about a year ago, after finding bleach in the filters 2 hours later!  I now flush
the system prior to sterile sorting, but rely on sterile filtration for the sheath
fluid.MAK.

--
Mark A. KuKuruga, Managing Director
University of Michigan Core Flow Cytometry
kukuruga at medmail.med.umich.edu