EGFP

Jacqueline Saleh jacqueline.saleh at ariad.com
Mon Aug 24 10:04:06 EST 1998

Dear Flow-ers:

We are working quite a lot with EGFP and are seeing quite a discrepency in
results
between what we see under the scope and the fluorescence readout on the
instrument.
I looked at two samples under the fluorescent scope and the difference in
fluorescence is
quite significant. Cells are then trypsinized, washed and read using the
FacsCalibur and
the results of these two samples are quite similar. I thought maybe the
trypsin might be
pulling off the EGFP but EGFP is internal. Does anyone know what might be
going
on here????? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jackie Saleh
Ariad Pharmaceuticals
saleh at ariad.com