Post-Sort viability

Joseph Webster J.Webster at centenary.usyd.edu.AU
Thu Aug 20 18:55:00 EST 1998

Hi Mark,
One potential cause is fragility of the cells.

We find lots of variation in post-sort yield and/or viability between
different cell types and preparation treatments.

When you think about it, most of us would not be very useful after being
thrown into a test tube at 10 meters per second...

Others are much more equipped than I to comment on media etc., though one
group here sorting mouse microglia had better viability results if they
changed collection tubes much more often.
I think they were changing after collecting 1mL or less, around 5 minutes.

	Joseph.

--
Joseph Webster
Flow Cytometry Facility