Trypsin and Annexin

Julie Auger jauger at flowcity.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 20 09:23:43 EST 1998

In our hands, the trypsin actually reduced the Annexin staining presumably
by stripping off all the phosphotidyl-serine on the surface along with the
surface proteins (adhesion molecules).  The only time we have seen enhanced
annexin is when the cells suffer enough trauma in harvesting that the
membrane is not intact and the Annexin gets inside the cell and attaches to
the ps on the inner membrane.

Julie