Macrosort Head for B.D. FACS VANTAGE

Joe Trotter trotter at scripps.edu
Thu Aug 13 16:09:10 EST 1998

Kevin,

        The little set screw will often "push" the cannula off
center, so I would suggest *carefully* re-centering it with enough
tension to hold it without moving it off center. There is a little
"Kentucky windage" involved, but you should be able to get it.
I doubt the cannula is bent, and am guessing the set screw is
a tad too tight.

                        Joe

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Keyvan Keyvanfar wrote:

> The sample insertion rod in my Macrosort head on one of my FACS
> VANTAGES is off center. I do know that the insertion rod is not bent.  I
> was wondering if it is possible to align the insertion rod within the
> Macrosort head?
>
> Any suggestions, beside buying a new one!
>
> Thanks,
> Keyvan

Joe Trotter
Director, Flow Cytometry