Exec. Director Position - Purdue Cytometry Labs

J.Paul Robinson jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:34:55 EST 1998

Colleagues:
We are looking for the "right person" to fill a new position as
Executive Director of our new Educational and Multimedia Program
within the PUCL faciltiy. The primary responsibility of this person
will be to manage the BioScope Program recently funded by NSF.
The person must have a higher degree (preferably PhD), a biology
background and good multimedia skills, be highly driven, and
prepared to work very hard. I think this will be a fantastic
opportunity for someone who wants to jump in at the deep end!
Knowledge about cytometry will be  definite advantage. This project
is quite large and will be really hard, but fulfilling work. I have listed
the position description below. The person will report directly to me.
Regards
Paul Robinson
-----------------------------------

Biology: BioScope Executive Director.
Applications are invited for a senior position
of Executive Director of the BioScope
Educational Development program within the
School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue
University. This program will be developing
materials for high school biology education using
multimedia, web-based computer technologies. The
substance of the educational materials will be
produced by a team of scientists utilizing high
technology imaging tools characteristic of state-
of-the-art research laboratories. The candidate
will manage creation and development of
materials, supervise staff and report directly
to the program director. The successful
candidate will be a person with a science/biology
background (M.S./Ph.D. preferred), a strong
interest in, and knowledge of educational
methods, experience in multimedia tools,
experience working with high school biology
teachers and must have a good knowledge and
capability for PC based programming and Internet
based communication tools like HTML and JAVA.
This staff position is funded by a 4-year NSF
grant. The candidate will work with graphic
artists, computer technicians, faculty and staff
on the project. Curriculum vitae and three
references to Professor J. Paul Robinson at
jprscope at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu; or call 765-
494-0757;For more information visit our Web site
at http://www.cyto.purdue.edu.

J.Paul Robinson, PhD             PH:(765)4940757
Professor of Immunopharmacology
Purdue University          FAX:(765)4940517
EMAIL:jpr at flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
WEB: http://www.cyto.purdue.edu