"FACS"

N.W. BLACKHALL Nigel.Blackhall at Nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 7 13:25:47 EST 1998

Dear all,

Regarding the use of FACS

As an operator of a Coulter Instrument, it can be very tiresome to be
repeatedly asked 'Where's the FACS?'.  Like Mark KuKuruga, I tend to
prefer flow cytometry or cell sorting.

In some cases the term FACS can tell you more about the author than
the work that is being described.

In my (perhaps rather jaundiced) opinion, people who say FACS can be
less concerned about the accuracy of their words but are more
interested in hitting the buzz phrase.

Bye for now,
Nigel Blackhall,
Experimental Officer, Plant Science Division,
School of Biology, University of Nottingham,
University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Tel +44 115 9515151 ext 18501
Fax +44 115 9513240