FACSan vs. FACSCalibur

Moore, Julie uzm5 at cdc.gov
Fri Aug 7 09:49:04 EST 1998

Dear listers-I apologize for misleading several of you with a comment
that I made in a message regarding the ins and outs of the FACScan and
FACSCalibur machines for field laboratory use.  I mentioned that "either
package will include a sorter," meaning that we are considering the
sorter option, which apparently is available with the FACSCalibur, and I
think the FACScan as well (although I may be confused on that point.)  I
realize that the FACScan itself does not physically sort cells.  Thanks
to all of you for your interest, expertise and valuable comments.

Julie Moore, Ph.D.
Division of Parasitic Diseases
National Center for Infectious Diseases
Chamblee, GA  30341