"FACS"

Mark A. KuKuruga kukuru at umich.edu
Wed Aug 5 17:01:02 EST 1998

If I cared, I'd say that this term has always bugged me . . . If you think about
it, "Fluorescence Activated" doesn't make sense.  The sort is activated by the
electronics, or the sort logic, perhaps, which MAY include a fluorescence
parameter, but not necessarily . . . that's, of course, if I cared . . .
Anyway . . . I always change this to "flow cytometry," "cell sorting, " whatever
is appropriate.
MAK.

--
Mark A. KuKuruga, Managing Director
University of Michigan Core Flow Cytometry
kukuruga at medmail.med.umich.edu