absolute counts

Dave Novo novod at muss.CIS.McMaster.CA
Tue Feb 25 19:42:22 EST 1997

Hello Everyone,

	I am trying to do absolute counts of bacteria. I have been using a
kit but its about $100 for 100 samples. My problem is that the kit keeps
dissapearing faster than the bottle of vodka I keep on the lab shelf for
days that experiments don't work. I am wondering if anyone has a
cheaper/longer lasting suggestion for absolute counting of cells on the

Thanks for your help.
I will compile the suggestions and post them for future reference.

I have nothing to put here that anyone would care about. But since
everyone has one of these, I figured I should too . . . . .