More on Clean Machines!!!

Jim Houston jim.houston at stjude.org
Tue Feb 25 13:48:00 EST 1997

I have heard so much on clean machines I just have to add a touch more.

If you start with a clean machine and provide consistent regular cleaning
then you will probably not have a problem.

For those who wish to clean only when things get dirty of contaminated
then they are going to have alot of fun.  Once sheath lines are
contaminated by protozoa or bacteria (or even better the disconnects for
tubing) the only recourse is to replace all tubing and connectors.  All
the decontaminates you can use will not get into every little nook and
cranny.  The cost for replacing all of this is less than the antibodies
you will use to stain your samples.

Start clean and keep it clean.(regularly)

Jim Houston
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Cell and Gene Therapy