Biosure sheath fluid

Justin Fishbaugh justin-fishbaugh at uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 21 16:56:49 EST 1997

>Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 22:57:15 -0800 (PST)
>From: Vivian Wu <ffwu at unixg.ubc.ca>
>Subject: sheath solution
>

>Hello to all,
>
>Has anyone used sheath solution from Biosure, especially their 8X
>concentration? Any comments?
>
>Vivian Wu (e-mail: ffwu at unixg.ubc.ca)
>Immunology Lab
>Vancouver Hospital & Health Sciences Centre
>B.C.

We have been using Biosure sheath fluid since November 1996.  In January
1997 we ordered the 8X concentrate in bulk and now measure out both
concentrate and DI-H20 and add to 20 liter carboys.  We use this mix in a
Coulter 753 and a BD FACScan with no complaints so far.  In theory, the
cost savings will outweight the hassles of making the stuff up each week.

Justin Fishbaugh

| Justin Fishbaugh           |
| University of Iowa         |
| Flow Cytometry Facility    |