Clean machines

Martin, Jill V. martin.jill at mayo.edu
Tue Feb 18 05:03:10 EST 1997

>I have been told that denture cleansing tablets are the answer to the
>ultimate clog/dirty cell.  I have not tried them, but can imagine that
>companies have spent millions on making the perfect combination to clean
>false teeth.  Has anyone tried?
>Peter J Openshaw [Medicine]  (p.openshaw at ic.ac.uk)
>Imperial College School of Medicine at St.Mary's
>Norfolk Place, LONDON W2 1PG
>Fax: +44 171 724 7349   Tel: +44 171 594 3854/3

I have used denture cleaning tablets dissolved  in DI to clean the ceramic
nozzle tip on a Vantage and I doubt if it will do any harm to use it on the
flow cells of Scans etc.   I am surprised that no one has suggested  what I
have used on dirty cells and general maintenance for years, and that is
Coulter Clenz  from Coulter.   It bears a strong resemblance to window
cleaner but I suspect there are a few extra ingredients.

                Jill

Jill Martin, Manager,
Molecular Biology & Flow Cytometry Core
Johnson Research Building