Ailing HP340 system - thanks

Nick Goulding n.j.goulding at mds.qmw.ac.uk
Wed Feb 12 13:38:04 EST 1997

Thanks to all those who replied to my question about losing files
and directories on our old HP340 workstation.

Apparently this is a common problem caused when people try to
rename files and directories and leave names blank.

If it happens to you, unfortunately there is no other solution but to
re-initialise the hard disk and reinstall all software....your local BD rep,
like mine, will probably be only to pleased to help with advice on doing this.

Our machine is now working fine .. but I still dream of Macintosh!

Nick

Nick J Goulding PhD
Head, Arthritis Research Section
Dept of Biochemical Pharmacology
The Medical College of St Bartholomew's Hospital
Charterhouse Square
London EC1M  6BQ
UK

Tel: UK (0) 171 982 6128