Need a flowcytometer

stoutej@WRSMTP-CCMAIL.ARMY.MIL stoutej at WRSMTP-CCMAIL.ARMY.MIL
Wed Feb 12 08:08:02 EST 1997

     Dear cytometry enthusiasts;

     I am a researcher at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. I am
     preparing for an overseas assignment at a field laboratory in Kisumu,
     Kenya to study malaria. In order to carry out some of the work I have
     planned I will need a flowcytometer to evaluate expression of
     receptors on cell samples from patients with malaria. Therefore, I am
     requesting your assistance in finding a usable machine that someone no
     longer needs that could be donated or purchased at a reasonable price
     for the laboratory. The equipment will be used by scientists both from
     Kenya as well as the US and possibly from other countries in the area.
     Any advice on which instruments would be rugged enough to be used
     under field conditions will be greatly appreciated. You can reply
     directly to my address below.

     Sincerely,

     Jose A. Stoute, MD
     Dept. of Immunology
     Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
     Washington, DC 20307
     e-mail: MAJ_Jose_Stoute at WRSMTP-ccmail.army.mil
     Phone: (202) 782-3769
     Fax: (202) 782-0748