Ailing HP340 system

Pizzo,Eugene Pizzo at nso1.uchc.edu
Fri Feb 7 07:41:13 EST 1997

Nick,

In my experience, this sounds pretty serious.  When I
had similar problems I would automatically back up
my files, re-initialize the hard drive, and reinstall the
software.  It takes about an hour to complete.  I don't
understand the source of your hesitation but I'd bet
it's the only fix short of buying a new hard drive.

If you follow that route make sure you leave directories
0 and 1 free.  The operating system uses those directories
for administrative purposes.

If you have problems I found Linda Turner at BD to be very
helpful.  The first time I had this kind of problem she walked
me through it successfully.

Gene Pizzo/UCONN Health