FITC staining for YEAST

Jihan Marjan jmarjan at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Feb 6 12:27:15 EST 1997

	I got this address from Dorothy at Medical Sciences Building,
University of Alberta, Edmonton.
	The project invoves using S.C. yeast with a mammalian construct
inserted.  We would like to confirm the presence of the mammalian
construct within the yeast using a FACS scan and antibodies against
epitopes iwthin the mammalian construct.  Is the procedure for this
protocol the same as with mammalian cells with the addition of a 45 second
sonication step at the end before running a FACS scan?
	I appreciate any comments you may have with regards to this
question?
	Yours sincerely,
	Jihan Marjan Ph.D.