A clean machine!

Ugo Consoli uconsoli at mbox.vol.it
Tue Feb 4 13:48:58 EST 1997

         Acridine Orange is probably the fastest and the easiest method to
evaluate apoptosis and/or cell cycle but ..... how can I be sure that it
wouldn't contaminate our flow-cytometer?

        We only have a single machine (Ortho-profile) and we usually run
quite a lot of monoclonal antibodies for clinical evaluations. We are a
little bit afraid that Acridine Orange would interfere with our routine
work.

        Am I worring too much?
        Is there a special protocol to clean up the machine?

Thank you all!

Ugo Consoli
Hematology
Catania-Italy