Green Lantern Protein

vannt ntvan at audumla.mdacc.tmc.edu
Tue Feb 4 11:53:49 EST 1997

I would like to ask if anyone having information in regard to the Green
lantern protein.  The gene for this protein can be co-transfected with a
gene of interest to the investigator.  Since the protein is fluorescent by
itself, it can be used as an elegant  screening technique.

I need to know the excitation and emission spectra of Green Lantern protein
or at least usable wavelength of excitation and emission.

It seems to be denatured and lost all fluorescence upon treatment with mild
detergent which is weird for a protein.  Any suggestion ?