comparison annexin V versus TUNEL results

Sabido Odile Odile.Sabido at univ-st-etienne.fr
Thu Dec 18 08:54:51 EST 1997

Hello,

I have a problem concerning the interpretation of annexin V positive cells
analysed by CMF.

The cells are not trypsinized, but released from the tissue by collagenase
digestion, which probably does not damage the cell membrane.

How can we explain the increase, with the culture time, of the percentage
of annexin V positive cells (reaching 78%), whereas TUNEL method gives
always negative results (TUNEL used as a routine method in our laboratory
on other cell types) ?

Thank you for any help !

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Odile Sabido