B cell precursors

Pilar Calo calomata at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 21 12:03:55 EST 1997

 according to our experience in the FlowCytometry Group of BIOMED Concerted
Action for Minimal Residual Disease there are three major B-cell (CD19+)
populations (=maturational stages) in the normal bone marrow differing in
expression of CD10, CD22, CD45 and CD20:

1. CD10 bright/CD22dim/CD45 dim/CD20 neg
2.CD 10 pos./CD22dim/CD45dim-pos/CD20dim
3.CD10neg/CD22bright/CD45bright/CD20 bright.

The population you describe does not fit in any of the above, unless the
antibody played up and you deal with the population 2....
Best wishes

Anna Porwit-MacDonald MD, PhD
Haematopathology Lab,
Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm