Analysis of biohaazardous materials on the flow

William George Telford apoptosi at umich.edu
Mon Apr 28 21:19:21 EST 1997

Dear folks,

I am managing a flow cytometry research core and am trying to address the
concerns of some users with the analysis of HIV and HBV-positive material
on a B-D FACScan.  Can anyone recommend a recent set of published
guidelines on the handling of these materials that relates specifically to
analysis by flow cytometry?  I know the rules for analysis of such
materials (2% p-form fixation for 4 hours, etc.) - I just need some
published documentation on procedures, guidelines etc. to calm some
anxious users.

Thanks much.

Bill Telford

Flow Cytometry Core Facility