Software

Matthias Haury mhaury at pasteur.fr
Fri Sep 13 02:35:13 EST 1996

Micael,

you don't really need any software to transfer Cellquest files from Mac to PC.
There are basically two possibilities:

1. If you have no network connection (transfer via diskettes or MO disks)
You need a diskette and PC-Exchange (a standard control panel for the Mac)
that allows you to read and format PC diskettes in a Mac. Then you just
have to copy the Cellquest data files to the PC diskette and you can
directly read them into WinMDI or any other PC Program that reads the
Cellquest format.

2. If you have the Mac and the PC connected over the network, then any file
transfer program is fine, just make sure that the file transfer is always
in binary mode. There are also commercial programs like MacLan Connect that
allow you to share a PC Disk with a Mac, and therefore copy the data
direcly onto the PC Harddisk, or even read them over the net directly from
the PC Program...

Let me know if you need more details.

Matthias

Matthias Haury                      _/_/_/    _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Flowcytometry - Immunology           _/     _/    _/  _/    _/
Institut Pasteur Paris              _/     _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Email: mhaury at pasteur.fr           _/     _/        _/
Tel:   33 (1) 40 61 31 29       _/_/_/   _/        _/
Fax:   33 (1) 45 68 86 39       INSTITUT PASTEUR   PARIS