Sorting Difficulties

Ray Hicks rh208 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 05:07:46 EST 1996

I had something like this a while ago on a FACStar plus, it turned out that
the engineer had swapped the vacuum and sheath tubes at the nozzle holder
during a "preventative" maintenance visit. The break off was stable for
some time and then would move sporadically.

Ray

At 3:45 pm 18/10/96, Vincent Falco wrote:
>To All:
>In the time course of performing a sort (1-2hrs.) my sorter is experiencing
>drifts in droplet breakoff(as observed by the camera screen on the
>sorter).When this is observed,the sort is stopped and the drop delay/droplet
>breakoff is checked by performing the ususal bead count matrix over several
>drop delays.Typically, the drop delay has in fact changed from its original.
>While I want to hear any and all responses as to what the problem may be(my
>performance or the sorter)assume for the time that there is absolutely no
>clogs,no air/fluidic leaks, and all electronics completely in fine tune.
>Thanks.
>Vincent Falco
>New England Medical Center
>vincent.falco at es.nemc.org

                              Ray Hicks
|University of Cambridge          |Tel              01223 330149        |
|Department of Medicine           |Fax             01223 336846         |
|Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital   |e-mail         rh208 at cus.cam.ac.uk   |
|Hills Road Cambridge             |Web Page/   facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk    |
|CB2                              |ftp server    131.111.80.78          |
|UK                               |                                     |