Coulter EPICS Elite?

SKCC sdrcc at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 27 23:39:54 EST 1996

Our institute is considering the pros and cons of a two-laser Coulter
EPICS Elite ESP preparative sorter, versus a similarly configured B-D
FACS/Caliber analytical FACS. With appropriate add-ons, they are being
offered for similar prices. The majority of the experience among our
faculty has been with the B-D, and their impression is that earlier
versions of the Coulter were not rated as highly as contemporary models
of the B-D. The FACS will be used by a wide range of investigators with
a considerable range of expertise.

Does anyone have experience with the current models of these two
instruments?

Does the Coulter require a fully dedicated operator? (Apparently the
B-D, which is only an analytical instrument, does not.)

Thanks for your input.

Charles Van Beveren
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
San Diego, CA