Colleague looking for position

Stephen P. Lerman, Ph.D. slerman at med.wayne.edu
Wed Nov 27 10:36:03 EST 1996

The following statement pertains to a colleague who is looking for a position:

A scientist with a Ph.D. in Immunology (March 1995) and 1.5 years of
postdoctoral experience is looking for a position in acedemia, clinical
research or industry.  I have extensive experience in flow cytometry,
cellular immunology and tissue culture.  As part of my postdoctoral
training I have transfected genes of interest into mammalian cell lines and
primary thymocytes and measured transient expression of transfected wild
type and mutant genes.  I have utilized 4 color flow cytometry to study
population changes in primary thymocytes of mice infected with an oncogenic
retrovirus.  During my doctoral work, I studied T cell receptor
distribution and induction of apoptosis in a superantigen-expressing murine
B cell lymphoma.  I have extensive experience with animal models and with
human specimens. Prior to my graduate training, I spent 15 years working
mainly in clinical research.  I am hard working, a fast learner and easy to
get along with.  I will be available in February, 1997.

Please send indications of interest to:

Milena Cankovic, Ph.D.
Dept. of Immunology and Microbiolgy
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 E. Canfield
Detroit, MI 48201
FAX 313-577-1155

slerman at med.wayne.edu