Coulter Immuno Lyse

pamela mccloskey pmcclosk at libserv1.ncmc.co.nassau.ny.us
Wed Nov 27 05:18:13 EST 1996

Our laboratory is using FITC labeled bacteria to study phagocytosis in
neutrophils. Fluorescence of both the extracellular and adherent
bacteria is quenched with ethidium bromide. In the future, we would like
to simultaneously measure oxidative burst in neutrophils using DCFH-DA
and HE.

Recently, we came across a reference where Coulter's Immuno lyse was
used to quench extracellular FITC labeled bacteria with great success.
We tried this method and were unsuccessful in our attempts to quench
extracellular bacteria.

Has anyone tried to use this method for quenching? And it so, were you
successful?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Pamela McCloskey
Research Scientist II
Department of Pediatrics