Fixation avec FDG Coloration ?

Matthias Haury mhaury at pasteur.fr
Fri Nov 22 11:54:59 EST 1996

Hello tout le monde,

I have a user who uses FDG (b-gal) and a surface marker to label some cell
spleen cells. Because  would not like to stay until late at night, I'm
looking for a method to keep the cells overnight and analyse them the next
day.

Therefore my questions:

1. Is it possible to fix the cells after the FDG reaction (formaldehyd 2%)?

2. If you keep the cells without fixation at 4° ovn can you still analyse
them on the FACS the next day, or is the FDG product not very stable ?

Any experience on this topic would avoid me to work until late at night....

Thank you very much, and have a nice weekend.

Matthias

Matthias Haury                      _/_/_/    _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Flowcytometry - Immunology           _/     _/    _/  _/    _/
Institut Pasteur Paris              _/     _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Email: mhaury at pasteur.fr           _/     _/        _/
Tel:   33 (01) 40 61 31 29      _/_/_/   _/        _/
Fax:   33 (01) 45 68 86 39      INSTITUT PASTEUR   PARIS