Elite Gibberish Solution

Abby Allen allen at cbr.med.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 21 15:08:04 EST 1996

C. Kevin Becker's suggestion regarding the loading of a tsr program for the
font tables solved my menu gibberish on my elite software.  I had to call
Hewlett Packard, but after a half hour, we located a file called TSRFONT.COM.
This file was located in the directory C:\Windows\VGAUTIL\.  To load this for
use, I placed the line in the autoexec file and now my problems are solved.
(Or at least this one, anyway!)  I was told that this file is generally deleted
from autoexecs because it is not needed for windows and most DOS programs and
it takes up memory (because it is a TSR).  So, I would imagine that there are
similar files out there for other computer brands as well.

Thanks Kevin!

Abby Allen
CBR
Boston, MA  02115