DNase

Dominique MARIE marie at sb-roscoff.fr
Wed Nov 20 04:42:32 EST 1996

Hello all,

        I sent last week this message about DNase:

"I'm trying to degrade the DNA in photosynthetic prokaryotic cells. I
want to keep the stucture of the cell, RNA and chlorophyll. This prevent the
use of detergent. In all the tests I have performed, 50% or more of the
photosynthetic population look non-sensitive to the action of DNase.  Have I
a chance to obtain 100% of DNA-degradation in my photosynthetic cells ?"

        I forgot to mention that my cells are fixed with para-formaldehyde,
then freezed in liquide nitrogen and stored at -80°C until analyze.

Thanks for help. Best regards.

        Dominique Marie

e-mail: marie at sb-roscoff.fr