4th color options

Thomas Delohery t-delohery at ski.mskcc.org
Mon Nov 18 02:08:50 EST 1996

>Recent discussion about the 4th color on FACSCalibur prompts me to point
>(again)
>that, as Angela Schultz points out, there are many options.  These are based on
>the recently developed Cy7 tandems of both PE and APC.  While Tom Frey is
>correct that Cy7 is not efficiently excited at 635 nm, my guess is that Tom
>Delohery was talking about the Cy7 tandems.

I was speaking about Cy7 tandems.  I was also under the impression that the
'Calibur measured 4-colors with 3 PMTs, where FL3/FL4 were collected in one PMT.
I have been informed by Tom Frey that BD has discontinued that design and now
uses separate PMTs for each fluorescence.

td

Look out Mama, there's a white boat coming up the river.
Got a big red beacon, and a flag, and a man on the rail.
I think you'd better call John,
 'cause it don't look like they're here to deliver......
the mail.
        - NY  (NOT New York)

 Thomas Delohery                        | Internet: t-delohery at ski.mskcc.org
 Manager, Flow Cytometry Core Facility  |    Phone: (212) 639-8729
 Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center |      Fax: (212) 794-4019
 1275 York Ave. Box 98                  |
 New York, NY    10021                  |