Absolute counts from flow cytometry

Gerhard Nebe-von-Caron Gerhard.Nebe-von-Caron at unilever.com
Fri Nov 15 10:04:41 EST 1996

          Mouse blood can indeed be harder to lyse but most hematology
          analyzers have been adapted for different species using
          different settings. For small frequency throughput you are
          better off using a non-wash lyse and spike your sample with
          beads of known concentration if you can't do a volume count.
          If you use a fixative lyse you can add PI, if you use
          distilled water you can use lds751 , thiazole orange, or any
          of the supravital stains on offer for better discrimination.
          Even better you measure without lyse. Perhaps Molecular
          Probes 'buck-count' works for that purpose already,
          otherwise I am sure they will make up a cyto-count kit for a
          few more bucks.

          Gerhard.nebe-von-caron at unilever.com