Krypton Laser for GFP?

SPERFETTO sperfetto at hiv.hjf.org
Thu Nov 14 09:40:20 EST 1996

All of our work on GFP is currently using the human gene form in transfected
cells which can easily seen on the Fl. microscope and excited by the 488nm laser
line.  Most of these cells have Fl.intensities in the 3rd decade!  I think your
approach should start with the Fl microscope and examine the mutant form in
these cells. Your data seems to indicate a problem with getting the GPF gene
into your cell system.

Stephen P. Perfetto
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
1600 East Gude Drive