Any challenging job opportunities?

R.E.vanLeeuwen@tn.utwente.nl R.E.vanLeeuwen at tn.utwente.nl
Tue Nov 12 16:43:48 EST 1996

Flow cytometer / Haematology analyzer designer looks for new challenge.

Dear members of the cytometry mailing list,

I just finished a cytometer design project at University of Twente within
the cytometer group of Prof. Jan Greve and Dr. Bart de Grooth and I am
looking for a new challenge to follow up this project.

Based on my working experience with US companies I decided that I would
like to progress my profession within companies rather than universities. I
enjoyed the work within multi disciplinary groups and the challenge of making
a commercial product design instead of laboratory set-ups.

I am an applied physics engineer (Ir.) in the field of opto-electronics with a lot of
experience in cytometer design and light scattering.
The level of the Dutch Ir. title is in between a MSc. and a PhD. We are allowed
to carry the more international MSc. title instead of Ir.
Next to my physics degree I have a specialization in organization management
and I just finished a two year Modern Optics Designer study. This last study is
a postgraduate course which is an option besides doing your PhD. The study
emphases the design part of a project, especially commercial products design.

The final design project focused on miniaturized cytometer design.

I am 27 years and due to the international character of our lab, I am used to
communicating in English during my work. Communication skills in German are
also reasonable and I have basic knowledge of  French and Italian.

Anyone who has an interesting, challenging and innovating job opportunity, fitting
with my background: you can reach me at the e-mail address below for more
specific information about my person, study and experience.

Yours sincerely,

Ir. Robbert van Leeuwen

Applied Physics / Flow Cytometry Group
University of Twente