Cell Cycle Software

Terry Hoy Hoy at cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 05:44:02 EST 1996

Austin Lin enquired :
>I need some advices regarding the use of ModFit S/W.
>For example, one set of data can
>have 10% G0/G1, 80% S and 10% G2/M.  The s/w scans three peaks and take the
>second S peak as G2/M peak. Another example will be a set of data with 20%
>G0/G1 and 80% S and invisible G2/M. The s/w will scan and see only one
>peak.
>
>Would anyone suggest a good
>Mac-s/w for us? (We have a FACScan and Macintosh Quadra 650) Thank you in
>advance.

I have recently processed several hundred histograms with 'cylchred'.
Some of these have been BrdU +ve/-ve fractions following pulse
labelling. Many of these fit the description above and others have
been more extreme. The program will attempt to find G0/1 G2/M
positions, if you are not happy with these positions values can be
called back from the previous histogram or inserted manually.
Calculation of phases is then based on Watson et al Cytometry 8 1-8
which handles synchronised populations as well as more conventional
distributions.
Version 1.0.5 uses wildcards for easy selection of groups of files
and produces a textfile of results for transferring into
spreadsheets. It is PC based but I have seen it operating on a Mac
with SoftWindows.

Copies from
http://www.cf.ac.uk/uwcm/hg/hoy/
That takes you to my home page which starts with an
illustration from Cylchred
Follow the links to 'Software from Cardiff'

If you prefer ftp
OPEN    ftp.cf.ac.uk
CD   /pub/UWCM/hg
GET cylchred.exe (as binary).

Terry.

Dr. Terry Hoy
Principal Research Officer
Department of Haematology                   Telephone 44 1222 743458
University of Wales College of Medicine           FAX 44 1222 744655
Heath Park                                  E-mail hoy at cardiff.ac.uk
CARDIFF CF4 4XN           http://www.cf.ac.uk/uwcm/hg/hoy/index.html
U.K.