Increasing cytoplasmic fluorescence - final

Walter Sharp 102675.320 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Nov 9 20:41:26 EST 1996

Dear All,
	A bit embarassing this - it turns out to be the TO from the Retic runs
that is lighting up permeablised cells !

We assumed that our cleaning method at the end of the Retic runs was effective
enough since the tubing is supposed to be relatively immune to dye absorption.
Now I understand the saying "Assuming just makes an ASS of U and ME".

A couple of Methanol and DW tubes cleans it up.

Gold stars to those who made the right deduction and apologies to the rest of
the list for asking the question BEFORE I'd definitively ruled everything else
out.

You can't win 'em all !

Wal Sharp
SQU