Tricolor + PI Compensation on FACStar Plus ?

Matthias Haury mhaury at pasteur.fr
Thu Nov 7 11:52:29 EST 1996

Salut le monde...

I'm having a problem sorting Tricolor labelled cells on a FACStar Plus
(standard setup with FL 3-1 Detector option) in combination with PI to
stain dead cells.

On the FACScan it is possible to stain TriColor labelled cells together
with PI, and use the compensation to separate the TriColor cells maximally
from the PI (which stays on the diagonale).

On the FACStar Plus however this doesn't work, as the PI staining moves
with the compensations.

Is this a problem of filters (don't have the spectrum of PI and TriColor on
the hand) or are the detectors different ?

If anybody has some experience on this, I'd be happy to hear about it
(before trying to figure it out myself...).

Thanks a lot,

Cheers, Matthias

Matthias Haury                      _/_/_/    _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Flowcytometry - Immunology           _/     _/    _/  _/    _/
Institut Pasteur Paris              _/     _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Email: mhaury at pasteur.fr           _/     _/        _/
Tel:   33 (01) 40 61 31 29      _/_/_/   _/        _/
Fax:   33 (01) 45 68 86 39      INSTITUT PASTEUR   PARIS