FACSing Bacteria

Scott D. Simpson ssimpson at bu.edu
Wed Nov 6 05:23:44 EST 1996

To all Flow'ers

	I'm trying to quantify the amount of complement factor H deposited on
Neisseria gonorrhoeae by FACS. I'm using a BD FACScan machine. When
acquiring the data I have the FSC set at E-1 (PMT is at 868) and I'm
noticing that I'm getting non-specific background noise that will not go
away even when water is running thru the machine.  Do you have any
suggestions about what settings (FSC/SSC) I should be using to analyze
bugs with this machine and any thoughts on the background noise.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

	Scott Simpson