FCS Assistant 1.3.1 bug warning

Ray Hicks rh208 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 10:35:27 EST 1996

Hello,

I recently updated FCS Assistant to read Skatron files, unfortunately, I
introduced a major bug in the process. This buggy version is numbered
1.3.1.  Several people have taken copies of 1.3.1 already, could they
please delete it and take a new copy (1.3.1a) from my server
(http://facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk), or if they reply to this letter, I'll mail
them a copy.

The bug causes occasional crashes when opening files- and causes files to
be read at a random length, which means that your data may be destroyed if
you are using FCS Assistant1.3.1 to convert FCS1.0 files to FCS2.

Ray

                              Ray Hicks
|University of Cambridge          |Tel              01223 330149        |
|Department of Medicine           |Fax             01223 336846         |
|Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital   |e-mail         rh208 at cus.cam.ac.uk   |
|Hills Road Cambridge             |Web Page/   facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk    |
|CB2                              |ftp server    131.111.80.78          |
|UK                               |                                     |