LDS 751

tom_frey@bdis.com tom_frey at bdis.com
Mon Mar 25 14:22:37 EST 1996

I have used this technique (LDS-751) on MOLT-4 + etoposide, HL-60 +
camptothecin, U937 + CH11 (anti-fas), aged granulocytes, Raji cells in low serum
for 3 days.  One of my associates has used it on T cell lines induced with anti-
fas or anti-TCR (or CD3).  Worked in all cases.  Fluorescein diacetate a la
Ormerod also is very reliable.

Exciton is at 513-252-2989 or 513-258-3937 (FAX) according to my latest catalog.
I believe that Molecular Probes now also sells LDS-751.  There is apparently
some controversy about Styryl 8 versus LDS-751 and the appropriate structure.  I
have only used the Exciton material.

This is a personal communciation and not an official communication of BDIS.

Tom_Frey at bdis.com