RE; Isotype controls

dladouceur@isdtcp3.hwc.ca dladouceur at isdtcp3.hwc.ca
Fri Mar 22 11:10:54 EST 1996

2.  Isotypic controls:
Steve,

>>>SO, I was wondering if all 5 isotypic controls needed could  be
>>>batched together in one tube???

     Thanks for your response to my question...

>If you put two different isotypes labeled with the same fluorochrome
>in the same tube and got some nonspecific binding, then to which
>isotype would you attribute the NSB signal?

     But, provided the stained cells are clearly brighter than the
nsb, does it really matter which isotype you attribute the signal to?
(ie/ In other words, can one not say of the "combined" isotype ctl
tube:  This would be the MAXIMUM nsb and everything above that is
positive).

Diane Ladouceur
<dladouceur at isdtcp3.hwc.ca>