lymphomas by flow

Bruce Davis, MD - Clinical Pathology bdavis at beaumont.edu
Wed Mar 20 09:57:50 EST 1996

Karen - I would suggest, without good data and some experience, that the
lower viability one sees (in general) is a function of the biology of the
cells and not something that a transport media can halt or rectify.  The
high grade lymphomas have both productive and unproductive proliferation,
which with DNA analysis is likely seen as both apoptosis and increased
"debris" (also known as %bad).  My suggestion to get around the problems
of immunophenotying a "dying"" population is to use viability gating in
every tube with dyes such as 7-AAD.

Bruce H. Davis, M.D.
Wm Beaumont Hosp.