Bernoulli disks

Woods-Cook Kathie MSM PH223 kathie_a.woods-cook at chbs.MHS.CIBA.COM
Fri Mar 15 03:03:52 EST 1996

Dear Florence,

This is probably not a very cost effective answer to your question,  but I
 recently ordered 20megabyte Bernoulli disks from a distributor here in
Switzerland at a cost of 210 SFR per unit. (about $175 per disk).
  Supplier: Niederer Electronic  PHplus AG, Gehrenackerstrasse 25, CH-9030
Abtwill, Switzerland.  phone: ***41-71-31-41-73 or fax: ***41-71-31-45-64.
 They do speak english.

Regards,
Kathie Woods-Cook

 ----------
From: O=internet; DDA.TYPE=RFC-822;
DDA.VALUE=owner-cyto-sendout(a)flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu
To: Cytometry Mailing List; woods-cook, kathie a
Subject: Bernoulli disks
Date: Saturday, 02. March 1996 10,28

DATE: Mar 02 00:22:22 1996 -01:00 relative to GMT
IPMessageID: 20441825726140mta1

FROM: Florence Harrod [O=internet; DDA.TYPE=RFC-822;
DDA.VALUE=fharrod(a)pharm
      ingen.com]

TO: Cytometry Mailing List [O=internet; DDA.TYPE=RFC-822;
DDA.VALUE=cytometry(
    a)flowcyt.cyto.purdue.edu]

SUBJECT: Bernoulli disks
IMPORTANCE: normal
AUTO FORWARDED: FALSE
PRIORITY:
Bernoulli disks
For over five years, we have been archiving our data (acquired from our B-D
fl
ow
cytometers using Lysis II) on 20-MB Bernoulli disks using Bering Drives.
This
system has worked very well for our purposes, but now we have learned that
Iomega will no longer supply the disks!  To get around this, we are
considerin
various hardware changes, but upgrading 8 HP workstations could run into
alot
of
$$$.  And gut our feeling is that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  We're
re
cycling
old disks from past years, but we'll need more disks than we have on hand
befo
re
the end of this year.  So we need to find another source for the 20-MB
Bernoul
li
disks. Does anyone know where we can get some?  Our current usage is about
200
MB of data per month:  Does anyone have a relatively inexpensive
recommendatio
ns
for a new data storage system?