problem with harvesting cells after sorting

Andreas Simm simm at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Mar 14 04:28:36 EST 1996

We have problems with harvesting of fixed cells
after sorting.
We fix fibroblasts with 75% ethanol in PBS for
15 minutes and spin the cells down for 5 minutes
at 400g. At this point, we have a nice pellet.
The pellet was resusupended in PBS and sorted
with an Coulter Elite ESP. The sorting is ok,
we checked this point.
We have problems to spin down these sorted cells.
We see no pellet by centrifugation for 5 minutes
at 400 or 800g.
Can anybody help us or any comment on this point..

Thank you

Andreas

Andreas Simm
Physiologische Chemie II