Ergonomics of Facstar plus

Alan Bishop bishop at immuno.imvs.sa.gov.au
Fri Mar 8 15:28:47 EST 1996

I wondered if any other facstar (or vantage) users had tried to
improve the bad ergonomics of their machines' layout.

In particular the low bench height and accompanying pedestal/cupboard
under the far left end of the laser bench, and secondly the fixed
computer station.

We **have** to rectify this problem to satisfy occupational health
and safety standards and I presume that others have probably had the
same problem.

I have a very good idea what to do about our situation but I would
like to hear from any of you who have done anything similar before I
embark on this project.  The one item that concerns me in this is
locating the ACDU controller - the bit that hangs off the back of the
laser bench - is it totally enclosed within its own case or only
partially its own with the cupboard, courtesy screen and bench forming
the rest?  It appears to me that the latter is the case.

   |                                                 |
   |   Alan Bishop                                   |
   |   Flow Cytometry Laboratory                     |
   |   Hanson Centre for Cancer Research             |
   |   Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science   |
   |   PO Box 14 Rundle Mall                         |
   |   Adelaide SA 5000                              |
   |   AUSTRALIA                                     |
   |   Voice : 61-8-222 3258                         |
   |   Fax   : 61-8-232 4092                         |
   |   Email : bishop at immuno.imvs.sa.gov.au          |