Dual laser compensation

BIGOS@Darwin.Stanford.EDU BIGOS at Darwin.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 11 05:59:38 EST 1996

The analog and digitial electronics on the Facstar+ does not support
compensation between lasers. To minimize the excitation of PE by the
dye laser, we run our dye laser at about 602nm. This decreases the
efficiency of excitation of Texas Red, so it is best to use brighter
antibodies with this fluorochrome.

-Marty Bigos
Stanford Shared FACS Facility

Has anyone found, made, thought of, a way to compensate between lasers
on a machine such as a FACStar plus?
We see bright PE appearing in the Texas Red channel, apparently
excited
by the dye laser.

     Joseph.
Joseph Webster (O.I.C. Flow Cytometry)                      ===
Centenary Institute of cancer Medicine & Cell Biology     /     \
Locked Bag No.6                                         ||  o o  ||
Newtown, NSW 2042                                       ||   |   ||
AUSTRALIA.                                               | \___/ |
Ph: 61-2-565-6110                                         \     /
Fax: 61-2-565-6101                                         |||||